Douay-Rheims, Clementine Vulgate (Catholic and public domain; note that Psalms are COMPLETE but numbered as in the Vulgate).
Both the Ordinary (Novus Ordo) and Extraordinary (Tridentine) Calendars with access to the day's Gospel and Reading(s) from the Douay-Rheims & Vulgate.
Rapidly navigate to hundreds of prayers. Sections are:
- Sacred Heart
- Passion of our Lord
- Holy Mass
- Holy Spirit
- Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Total Consecration to Jesus in Mary
- Our Lady of Sorrows
- Basic Marian Prayers
- Marian Devotions
- St. Joseph
- Basic Prayers
- Angel Prayers
- Saint Prayers
- Prayers to St. Jude
- Prayers to St. Anthony of Padua
- Examination of Conscience
FREE and OPTIONAL AUDIO is available for many prayers.
Substantial prayers include:
- An older (public domain) version of the Little Office of our Lady
- 33-day preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus in Mary
- Ordo for the Traditional Mass
- Novena to the Holy Spirit
- St. Alphonsus Stations of the Cross
- The St Bridget 1-Year and 12-Year Prayers.
The works, even the Summa, can be quickly navigated using the Search Feature.
- Papal Encyclicals and Conciliar Documents
- 1894 Butler Saint of the Day
- The Summa Theologica, by St. Thomas Aquinas
- Indexed tables give fast access to the whole Summa
- Even the Summa can be searched - either in its entirety or in one of five parts.
- Baltimore Catechisms #1, #2, and #3
- Catechism of Christian Doctrine (Promulgated by Pope St. Pius X)
- Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis De Sales
- The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas Kempis
- True Devotion to Mary, by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
- Love of Eternal Wisdom, by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
- Friends of the Cross, by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
- The Secret of Mary, by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
- The Dialogue, by St. Catherine of Siena
- The Life of St. Teresa of Jesus, by St. Teresa of Jesus
- The Way of Perfection, by St. Teresa of Jesus
- Interior Castle, by St. Teresa of Jesus
- Treatise on Purgatory, by St. Catherine of Genoa
- Instructions on the Catechism, by St. Jean-Marie Vianney
- Selected Explanations and Exhortations, by St. Jean-Marie Vianney
- Excerpts of Sermons, by St. Jean-Marie Vianney
- Ascent of Mount Carmel, by St. John of the Cross
- Dark Night of the Soul, by St. John of the Cross
- Spiritual Canticle, by St. John of the Cross
- Living Flame of Love, by St. John of the Cross
- The Catechetical Instructions of St. Thomas Aquinas
- The Roman Catechism (also knows as The Catechism of The Council of Trent or The Catechism of Pope St. Pius V)
- Haydock's Bibilical Commentary
- Catena Aurea (St. Thomas Aquinas' collection of Church Fathers on the Gospels)
- The Dolorous Passion (Ven. Catherine Emmerich)
- Fathers of the Church (Eerdman's version)
- Spiritual Exercises (St. Ignatius of Loyola)
- The Sinner's Guide (Ven. Louis of Granada)
- The Rule of St. Benedict
- Consolation of Philosophy (Boethius)
- Confession of St. Patrick
- Abandonment to Divine Providence
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- Saint “Cliff Notes” (incomplete)
- An on-going feature; succint overviews of the lives of the Saints; written by the iPieta Team
- Organized in Indexed tables in accord with section titles from the other tabs.
- Edit features include deletion, rearrangement with section, color coding according to tab.
- Can play audio directily from the bookmarks.
- General Settings
- Custom Gestures (On/Off switch)
- Orientation Lock (On/Off switch)
- Startup Mode: (Choice of any of the tabs or the last used tab)
- Default Dual-Display Mode: (Line-by-line or side-by-side)
- Bible Names (Common/Traditional)
- Text Settings:Defaults which can be set with
- Text Color
- Background Color
- Text Size
- Text Font
- Audio Settings
Status (On/Off switch)
- NOTE: You need to download the free audio files and load them in your device to have audio. After loading the audio, enable the audio by turningn this switch off and then On.
- Do not change the track names or the author; otherwise iPieta cannot find the necessary audio files.
- If iPieta recognizes the audio but doesn't play it, trying quitting iPieta and relaunching. The audio state should then be ok.
- Audio Status (On/Off switch)
- Calendar Settings
- Default Text to display first: either Gospel or 1st Reading.
- Number of Months to Show: from 2 to 12.
- Calendar Type
- Default Calendar Type to first display: either Novus Ordo, Tridentine, or Last Type.
- Calendar Type can be changed on the fly by shaking the device when the Calendar is being displayed.
- National Calendar for Novus Ordo:
- Australia, Canada, Chile, England, Ireland, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Scotland, the United States, or Wales
- Shifted Solemnities in the National Calendars:
- Epihphany, Ascension, and Corpus Christ can each bet set to shift to Sunday for a particular national calendar.
- Search Settings
- Maximum Number of Search Results:50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, or 5000.
- Number of Bible Verses to display before and after the verse with the Search Result
- Help: READ ME
- IMPORTANT: The “READ ME” file contains a concise of navigation in iPieta.
- Describes the optional Custom Gestures.
- Help: Content
- Help: Features
- Help: Search
- Help: Support
Webview display of the Catechism of Catholic Church (CCC) from the Vatican web site.
Requires intenet connection.
CCC integrated with iPieta Bookmarks, History, and Reading List.
Fixed issue concerning the maximum number of entries for the Prayer List
Share current text:
Email, SMS, Twitter, Post to Facebook, Print, Copy, Add to Clipboard.
iPhone > Malta menu > Share
iPad > Malta menu > Share section
Share selected text:
1) Long-press to open text in a Edit Text View.
2) Select text and touch the "Share" menu item.
Note: Core Text is preferred text display. Text scrolls similarly to iBooks. Requires iOS 3.2 or higher.
iPhone > Settings > Core Text --> ON
iPad > Core Text is standard.
Long-press works both with Core Text and Webviews.
Remember "my last place":
Veritas entries and Bible chapters remember the last opened text.
Can open directly to your last place by touching the chevron arrow in the table cell.
Core text only.
The collection of these "last places" are stored as a table of bookmarks.
Core text only.
iPhone > Settings tab > Reading List
iPad > Malta menu > Reading List
The collection of "last used prayers" are stored as a table of prayer bookmarks.
Core text only.
iPhone > Settings tab > Prayer List
iPad > Malta menu > Prayer List
Can store the Reading List and the Prayer List on the cloud.
iOS 5 only.
Settings > iCloud
More free and optional audio:
The Psalms, the Apocalypse.
Download from www.ipieta.com
1) Bookmark issue for Prayer Tab in iPhone when using the table's search filter.
2) Landscape menu issue for iPhone; optimized menus in general.
3) Some typos in the Douay-Rheims Bible.
4) Some iCloud issues for History and Bookmarks.
We know that there are still some typos. We are grateful for your patience and for sending us an email with the typos. Don't forget to note which prayer or topic contains the mistake. Thank you.